Washington won't discriminate
When a ballot initiative to repeal Washington State’s 10-year old non-discrimination law protecting our transgender friends, co-workers and family members was filed in 2016, we helped Washingtonians mobilize and fight back. Moxie Media helped activists establish a new PAC, Washington Won’t Discriminate — now a broad coalition of more than 500 law enforcement, clergy, business leaders, violence prevention groups and others — who successfully kept Initiative 1515 from gathering enough signatures to qualify for the ballot.
With Moxie Media's help, Washington Won’t Discriminate has gained the support of:
- More than 51,000 people became Washington Won’t Discriminate supporters, volunteers, and activists.
- More than 600 individuals donated to the No on Initiative 1515 campaign at an average of $97/each.
- More than 500 businesses and labor unions from around the state quickly rallied to oppose Initiative 1515, including Amazon, WA State Labor Council, Microsoft, Group Health, Google, Facebook, Expedia, Vulcan, AT&T, Dow Chemical, Washington Education Association, and many more.
- Faith leaders, including Evangelical Lutheran Bishop Kirby Unti, and law enforcement officials, such as former Snohomish County Sheriff John Lovick, raised moral and safety objections to I-1515.
- Editorial boards, including The Seattle Times, The Everett Herald, The Olympian and The Tacoma News Tribune, urged opposition to Initiative 1515